Driver installer can't find device

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanaki2007

I installed windows 7 on my Asus n50vn a couple months ago and i just realised i forgot to install the bluetooth driver. When I downloaded it from the Asus download support center for my model it said that it couldn't find any bluetooth devices. My WLAN switch is on, and it's activated with the Fn+F2. I have two unidentified Base System Devices in my device manager-is one of these the bluetooth card and could i install it directly to one of these? any help is great thanks

• Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Base System Device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_18771043&REV_12\4&390D2267&0&0BF0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Base System Device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_18771043&REV_12\4&390D2267&0&0AF0 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Try installing the Richo card reader drivers for these

/* edit */
Are you sure you have a bluetooth device on these machines? Or is one already installed? (XP, Vista and Win 7 all come with standard BT drivers */

fairly certain-it has the little light at the bottom of the case to turn on with the bluetooth symbol and all the things i found online for it said it came with bluetooth. though i never checked/used it before i upgraded to 7 so i can't be totally sure.

fairly certain-it has the little light at the bottom of the case to turn on with the bluetooth symbol and all the things i found online for it said it came with bluetooth. though i never checked/used it before i upgraded to 7 so i can't be totally sure.

OK.. but regardless my guess is those two problem devices are related to the Richo card reader. So still try any Ricoh related drivers downloads listed for your machine to see if those go away

well, some good news at least!

And now that we know all the problem devices are cleared

> Check your BIOS to see if bt might possibly disabled there then
> Carefully look through Device Manager entries. You don't see anything related to bt?

Blue tooth is not mentioned in its specifications here; so guess the problem lies in its non-existence in the first place. Please also check specifications from Asus, it lists the blue tooth as optional.

Ah-I guess I stand corrected. I honestly did check it at some other websites, which listed it as having bluetooth, but it looks like there are different versions of the model now... Sorry I didn't notice that before.

@orten
It would be appropriate if you read my previous post and check the links I provided above;

help

i have installed windows xp onto my asus eee pc 900 series instead of linux, but when i went to try and use wireless i needed to install the driver but i had my freind try install the driver and the driver cant detect my wireless card its sayin that there aint a wireless card even thou before i installed xp it worked fine i need help on where to find a driver and to install it and to detect my wireless card ??? please help i aint all that good at these kinda things ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back