Driver needed

i have a pg088aa#aba webcam i lost the install disk for it and i been on the net for six days looking for a driver for it with no luck can any one give me the right driver link please thank you

Do try the driver identifier tool first. But if you still have problems
> also see [post=732032]How to identify your webcam (and then find its driver)[/post]
> Also post your version of Windows and the cam's Hardware IDs

ok i found the hardware id number it's usb\vid_05a9&pid_8519&rev_0100&mi_00

im running windows xp
I'm guessing when you checked the cam's Hardware IDs you saw more then one ID listed? And usb\vid_05a9&pid_8519&rev_0100&mi_00 was probably first in the list?

Do you see USB\VID_05A9&PID_8519&MI_00 in the Hardware ID list as well?

Here's my best guess... but before you proceed, suggest you first create a system restore point

Download the zip file HERE, extract its content and save to your Desktop. Note it includes a folder named "Webcam Driver".

> Open Device Manager, right click the cam, select Update Driver, the Hardware Update Wizard should appear
> Select No, not this time, then Next
> Select Install from a list or location, then Next
> Check Include this location in the search then Browse to folder Webcam Driver on your Desktop, click OK then Next

The driver should install. If you get a pop-up about not Windows Logo tested, just click Continue Anyway

Hope it works <fingers crossed>

/* edit*/
after installation, you can delete the folder on your Desktop. But save the zip file should you ever need it again

Back