Driver power state failure - BSOD, misc. shenannigans on Win7 x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this one is particularly frustrating because this is such a fresh install of win7 64 bit. Other than install a bunch of apps, the only thing I really did was make some directory changes to the registry such that default installs get sent to my D: partition instead of my C: (system) partition. I did rearrange the partition at one point to increase size of C: without deleting data using partition-wizard. Other than this BSOD which happens only occasionally- but consistently and randomly, things seem to be pretty smooth.

Without further ado- the attached files which I cannot make any sense from supposedly describe the problem.

There are no evident problems in the device manager- and now that I'm mentioning it- the only recent hardware problem has to do with my LCD monitor- which has slowly descending bars of the type you would see when filming a CRT monitor with a camera due to refresh rate. However, I would be surprised to hear that is related to this crash.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help identifying/correcting this highly aggravating problem!
-kevin

PS. following is the windows dialogue box "details" text regarding this issue:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8004F24060
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C518
BCP4: FFFFFA80055BAC10
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\050210-23078-01.dmp
C:\Users\kev\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43687-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
XXgo.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Attachments

• kevproblems.zip
    128 KB · Views: 0
no ideas?

So is this pretty well an unsolvable problem? I went thru the steps outlined in the sticky and I still haven't come up with any solution. Am I missing any clues to this puzzle? If I could connect this error with a piece of hardware or resource, I'm pretty sure I could fix it. I find it amazing that microsoft would deliver this abstract error instead of just instructing you more specifically as to what is causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back