Driver power state failure -- Windows 7

KaranKhanna23

Ok so when shutting down my computer it seems to hang at shutting down for ages (time changes) and then I get a BSOD and it says DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE. It also does this randomly when not shutting down.

I have a Dell XPS, Core i5 (2.4ghz), 6Gigs of RAm, running a legal copy of Windows 7 Home Edition (64bit).

Its fully updated and have previously done a reinstall.

Music also gets stuck in between sometimes

I have attached zip file required for analysis

Anything would be helpfull.

Attachments

• 032312-17097-01.zip
    180.7 KB · Views: 9
Both errors are the same 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

Both cite the same driver NETwNs64.sys as the cause of your system crashes. This driver belongs to your Intel Wireless WiFi Link Adapter.

Go to Dell's website, find your exact model and then download and install the latest WiFi drivers/NIC drivers for your system.

* Please keep us updated.

I have 14.2.1.1 version of this

For checking this i went to C:/Windows/system32/Drivers/NETwNs64.sys

I have recently bought this laptop in Feb

Please help me !!!

i went to Dell official website . i wasnt able to see this driver file but i think its the latest version which i have
L502X model Dell XPS 15

In some cases the driver causing the problem is not the one named in the crash dump. Sometimes it can be something that you would least expect causing the problem.

What security software (Anti Virus, Anti Spyware, Firewall) do you have on your system?

Have you added any security software to the system since you bought the PC or added any other software just before the BSOD's started to happen?

I have added no security softwares at all . Only Mcafee is installed and this Dell people installed it .

Also i have installed no softwares

You have mentioned you did a reinstall and you have only had this PC since February.

Why did you do the reinstall?

Have you had a problem with this PC since you bought it?

Hey i m sorry for what i wrote early i did a reinstall.

No i havent done anything to my lappy

I didnt install antyhing as of yet in my lappy since i have bought

Taking into account that this PC is new and that you haven't changed anything that is installed on it I would therefore suspect the problem is due to a hardware fault.

You should have a warranty with a new system so I would recommend you return it to the supplier for repair.

This become old age question now even though if someone trying for solution thro google then it may help 'em... :)

Please First Check Which mobile to PC Companion you've installed then go to device manager and update the according mobile broaband connector driver....

If it doesn't work try uninstalling mobile to PC Companion and Update mobile broaband connector Driver.

This must be work..

trial and error method have been donr through my lap which is having configuration as follows,

Win7 OS
Intel i7
lap model : lenevo

Back