DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000D1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leifman

Hello...
i noticed this amazing forum and how many people got help here with their blue screens (BSOD)
and i couldn't but ask for help... it started recently and i really have no clue what might be causing it...
my machine is :

Windows XP Pro + SP2
Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz
512RAM X 2 (1GIG of ram)
Radeon 9550

the first 2 were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000D1
and the last one (just some half hour ago or so) was
the first 2 were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x100000D1

i added 3 dump files i got from those 3 and only BSOD's i got (it only started last wk)
i would really be thankful if someone can explain to me what causes those BSOD's.

p.s - no hardware or major software changes i made before it started and nothing "specific" i was doing while it happened (mostly just surfing the net and stuff..)

Thanks in advance.

i am just doing chkdsk on the windows drive since i posted this topic (i figured it might have something to do with it...
and as for "svchost.exe"
all of my "svchost.exe" are genuine windows proccess (no spyware or viruses or whatever.. im always with my updated firewall/av and i know which processes run on my box) but i really cant think of a reason that "svchost.exe" will do a BSOD... :\ and since i dont know how to read those dump files i hoped that this would help...

Route44 said:
svchost.exe INVALID_CONTEXT is the minidump readout. What browser are you using?

firefox... and i do think that all 3 BSOD happend while i was using firefox for surfing+other stuff
now i tryd to do chkdsk and it didnt start 3 times, saying th exact same thing :

oh i just searched for
"svchost.exe INVALID_CONTEXT"
and i found out someone was asked to uninstall outpost firewall (which i am using as well...)
might this be the problem? outpost firewall?
im using outpost firewall + NOD32 (as av)

well ill try to run chkdsk /f (meaning before windows boots)
but im going to remove outpost and install comodo firewall instead, since it does seem to be an "issue" that relats to my problem.

ok so the chkdsk on the C drive went perfect when it did it before windows started.. and i removed outpost and installed comodo, ill update if BSOD's still happen... but im having a good feeling that it should be fixed now :)

Great! Glad stability appears to have returned. Keep us up-to-date if stability continues and how Comodo is working for you.

Route44 said:
Great! Glad stability appears to have returned. Keep us up-to-date if stability continues and how Comodo is working for you.

will surely do!!
thank you for all the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back