DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Related BSOD running Win7

I have a windows 7 system and I am having this BSOD with the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error everything I try to sync my iphone using itunes.

I checked the mini dump files and the error is caused by driver hgceo.sys, which when I Google I don't find anything.

I am attaching the 4 minidump files and a hijack this report in the zip file, if someone can analyze this and suggest me what to do as the Dell technical support just wants me to reinstall the OS, but I read on some blogs that this wont help.

History: around 2 week back I had a virus (the one that start by showing a warning that the system is infected with a virus and when u click on clean it install a virus, sorry don't remember the name and after like a day or 2 I was able to remove it manually.

And then I got my McAfee antivitus installed and after that this problem started. I read that some time new software also trigger the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error so I removed the mcafee anti-virus from the system but still this problem is coming.

I have also replaced my ram and that also didn't help either.

I also tried to fix the virtual memory manager, by following the steps on Microsoft site but no luck.

Please help!!!

Attachments

• logs.zip
    119.8 KB · Views: 1
First, in order to make sure McAfee is totally clean from your system see this link: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507 There are much, much better options than McAfee.

Second, like you I found nothing concerning hgceo.sys anywhere on the net and yet all four minidump files cite this as the cause of your system crashes. Since you have been infected there is the good chance you still are.

Therefore, go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum, read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky and follow the instructions as given -- don't skip any steps. Don't give them your current Hijack this log. Once finished then post on that forum with the required logs attached.

You'll get excellent help. Good luck.

Back