Dryer problem

spacekid

I don't know if this is the right place, but i got this problem with my dryer. I have this Kenmore Cycle model: 110.68632700 Type: DWSR - ELE - 2406028 - CV54 and i used it very fine this morning, but around 5 p.m., the thing won't roll. what is mean is the power, the heat, it works, but the tumber would not move. So i tried finding what was wrong with it, and the motor would not start. I was finding that either two things might be a problem to this.

1) the motor is broken.
2) the capacitor (i have no clue what this is, i'm not an electrician) might be broken.

If 1 is correct, anyone know how much the motor is worth? if not, is there a way that i can fix it.

if 2 is correct, where can i get one?

Is it a belt drive or direct drive? Perhaps the belt is loose or broken.

If the motor is broken, it depends on what is wrong with it as to what it might cost to fix it.

Is it a belt drive or direct drive? Perhaps the belt is loose or broken.

If the motor is broken, it depends on what is wrong with it as to what it might cost to fix it.

nothing is wrong with the belt, the belt is tight against the barrel and is not broken. what I saw was, after turning the power on, i took a look at the motor, and that wasn't spinning at all. but from there, i thought if the capacitor has something to do with it

Circular switch failure.
What is this a problem for TechSpot. Why not get on the RepairClinc.org which handles appliances.

Raybay, the subject is perfectly suitable for the off-topic forum. As for tips, I know nothing about dryers except they make me cringe at my electric bill :(. Good luck.

Back