Dual ATX and BTX Cooler Master Case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Whilst surfing the net for an idea of what my new machine will be like when I have to shell out for PCI Express, 64-bit etc just to play Doom III (probably ;) ), I found this lovely article on a great case.

This case rocks. Its compatible with ATX and BTX motherboards apparently and supports what looks like quite a mean number of hard drives.

Although I guess I will wind up getting something that is completely BTX, this did give me an idea of what I would want my BTX system to sit in.

More here.

I was of course kidding about the Doom III thing which I think we will all be playing soon but don't be surprised if the following refers to the kind of PC some of us may have when Longhorn comes out.

I am looking for something just like that when I build my new machine.

The high number of drive bays is a must. This is because my new system will probably have 8 hard drives, like this:

-1 SATA HDD for the operating system

-1 SATA HDD for temporary working space

-2 SATA HDD in RAID 1 MIRROR for data

-4 SATA HDD in RAID 0 for Multimedia datastore

Then I kind of miss have more than 2 CD-ROM drivey type things as I did when I used to be the SCSI king, so I want maybe:

3 X DVD RW Drive

I used to have 1 x DVD, 1 X CD-ROM, 1 x CD-RW when I had SCSI and believe me you can use that third drive!

I also need some way to have 2 PCI Express graphics cards , or something like that if its possible beccause I have 3 monitors, and I need 2 graohics cards to do this (one is dual, of course.)

However, maybe I could buy 2 x 19" flat screen monitor for this system.

As I think you can read here:

http://www4.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040301/alderwood-01.html

BTX use DDR2 which have like 4 GB on one module easy. I guess I would start out with probably 3 x 1 GB modules.

The processors would be 64 bit of course, probably Intel and of course 2 or more of them.

Needless to say, this involves saving money.

Yeah but at the same time the price of these things will drop and I'll try to save money instead of frittering it away on upgrades here and there. I am pretty sure I will need a new machine for longhorn alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back