Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnym

I have no idea about this sort of thig really so i need some advice. I want to get 2 monitors on my pc so i can have either work/game on one monitor and then on the other monitor i can be watching tv or you tube. You no hwt i mean so i can have 2 things at once going.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MATROX-DUAL...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1214646074&sr=8-1

I was looking at that but dont no if thats the best thing to go for and i dont no if its overpriced. I am a student so obviously i dont have that much money haha. would that be the right thing to go for then or could you suggest something different?

Cheap, really. The good solutions cost a great deal more. You didn't tell us about your rig... or you monitors.

On second thoughts... On the back of my graphics card there are 2 connectors.. one is a vga which I am using now for my single monitor. Would it be possible just to buy another monitor (if it was a dvi monitor) and just plug it into the back? would that work?

Quite simply, yes it would.

Not overly experienced with this but I think you need some additional software to get the results you want.

cheers :D. Anyone else help me with this tho? Iv i buy i dvi monitor will i be able to run 2 screens from my computer?

When i say run 2 screens i mean be able to watch separate things on each monitor, and drag one window from one screen to another if you get what i mean

or thinking about it could i get an vga 2 dvi conector and have 2 vga monitors? I just need to no if it'll work i dont want to go out and buy a new monitor incase it doesn't work. £100 is a lota money for me haha

there are dvi-vga adaptors that work just fine, so it shouldn't matter much. main thing to deal with is whether your pc can handle gaming and watching at once.

Of course its worth doing, if its going to help you in production wise. I mean you can move palettes or screens on one ,, and use the app on other,,, many things you can do. Have them both showing the same thing,, etc etc,, but ya do it. Now adays I think the only thing not to go down in price as of late are quality LCD screens for pc/mac ,,,

yeh i dont no wether my pc will handle watchin and playing at the same time but theres only 1 way 2 find out :D

If not ill just upgrade ma components appropriatly. I defo need more ram i only have 1 gig lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back