DVD Player can not read DVD or CD

Doctor Gallop

I have downloaded movies from online, then burned them onto a dvd or cd.
I can play them back from the disc on my computer but when I load them into my CD/DVD Player to watch them on the TV...it says "Can Not Read Disc" or it just says "Disc Empty".

What am I doing wrong?

The disk will likely need to be in DVD format before your DVD Player will play it. Are you using a media builder application to burn the disk?

You can't simply burn MP4/AVI to disk and have them play. Only players that have been optimized for them will play them. And speaking from experience, even when burning the correct format, the burns may give issues reading in the player. One player may recognize the disk while another will not.

May need to close the session/disk. Are you just burning these from Windows Explorer? I think that leaves the session open by default.

I used Video Converter to convert a file like an hd h264 mkv to a DVD format [NTSC] and I was going to try to burn it to DVD disc using 'IMGBurn'.
But after it was converted all I see in the folder is.....image attached.
How do I add that to be burned?

Attachments

• Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
How can I delete this topic / thread / post so I don't get into trouble.
I did not mean to start a topic that was prohibited.

The topic itself is not prohibited. The inclusion of pirated material would make it prohibited.

Well, I just burned the converted video file using 'CD Burner XP' [ much easier to use for someone like me], and the DVD disc came out great. I just played it and watched in on TV. Thank you for all your help. As always you guys are the best.

Back