DVD-ROM closes every 2-3 seconds

MIXEDD

Hello good people. :) I have recently run in to a problem that my DVD ROM closes so fast that I don't even have enough time to put a disc in to the tray. The strange fact that sometimes it works fine but mostly it closes too fast.

Any solutions guys?
Sorry for english.
:)

DVD ROM: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A
PC running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

1) Your English is just fine :)

2) My DVD also started the same behavior a couple months ago. When i finally looked into it, I found a firmware update reduced the problem dramatically so it now only happens on occasion (and i can work with the drive again)

If you google and download Nero Infotool it will include your current firmware version. THIS might be link to firmware downloads for your DVD? (check it out before you do so)

I've had a similar problem. If you can live with the problem, like by holding the tray open until you have inserted the disk, then there is no problem. Sometimes drives just get mechanical issues that don't affect their real purpose: to read/write to disks.

Try the firmware if you can.

Thank you for your reply. Before updating the firmware I have downloaded Info tool like you said. The problem is that it can't work because it says that my tray is open. But it's not.

Any suggestions? :)
-----------------------------------
No worries I figured it out. :)

I have done everything successfully, but it didn't fixed the problem. :(

Maybe someone knows another good suggestion? :)
Thank you.

I don't know how much drives are in Lithuania, but I frequently see 20x burners for $15 here. If you can't live with the problem like I said in my first post, then it is probably time to bite the bullet and get a new drive.

I would replace the drive. DVD burners are dirt cheap these days. I have seen them sold as low as $8 USA new online.

Back