DvD-rom freezes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelsdyr

Hello !

When I want to look at some files from a burned cd, I get a problem.
I press on the file I want to watch and it takes quite some time untill the click is responding. So when it starts I watch a little, but then it freezes. So I have to quit it with alt-ctrl-del etc. Then explorer.exe crashes and it restarts again (explorer). Some more info on the crash:
szAppName : explorer.exe szAppVer : 6.0.2900.2180 szModName : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000
(Some times explorer dosent crash and I can yust quit the dvd folder, but its always the same with the freezing)
Also the "light" on the dvd-rom that showes that it`s working always is on, it`s working, but isen`t getting that far. This Freezing yust recently showed up.

My Pc has Windows Xp SP2,
1Gb ram, 3Gz Intel4Ht , DvD-rom +R/+RW

Thanks a lot :) Please let me know if more info needed!

Same with me, try to invert the IDE cable instead. Previously i thought my (JVC DVD-ROM) was spoilt, but i just discovered last month that it was just because inverted IDE Cable (it makes me bought a new DVD-RAM drive).

Other solutions CLICK HERE

Hello, I tryed to invert the IDE Cabels, but it dident make any diffrens. (yust broke some "plastic part" on the PC while trying=P)
Any other thing I could do? I have reinstalled windows, but without any changes.
Also Original DVD games, like Halflife, warcraft etc, work fine, without any slowness. But only burned ones are odd..

Thanks!

Sounds like you've got a bad drive. Get another, they are cheap. I'm not just saying it because its an easy thing to say. I'm saying it based on:

1. It works with non burned disks.
2. You flipped the cable (although you shouldn't have done this when you realized it wasn't going to fit without breaking something).
3. You reinstalled Windows and the problem is still there. Unless you mean you did a repair of Windows, which wouldn't rule out software conflicts, but that still goes back to point #1 then.

If you really want to test it, burn a bootable cd that requires a lot of reading, such as a live linux distribution (knoppix, ubuntu) and see if it will boot off of that successfully, if not its your drive for sure. If so then something more complex is happening, or you just got lucky on that burn.

Hello :)

The thing that broke had noting to do with the DvD-rom, yust som useless stuff.
Also I wanted to send over some files from a burned CD to my PC and it worked fine, but still plaing things from it laggs..
Hope this was some help, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back