DVD-ROM not detected

MIXEDD

Hello. My dvd-rom is not detected by the motherboard. It won't boot to windows installation or anything. In windows it won't show my dvd-rom in Computer. But in device manager I see some kind of CD/DVD drive. Anyway I can't use CD's/DVD's anymore. Any suggestions what to do? BIOS is up to date. All connectors are connected properly. THIS HAS HAPPENED RIGHT AFTER WHEN I UPGRADED TO RADEON HD 6850.

Motherboard: Intel DG33BU

Thank you. :)

Try deleting the CD/DVD drive in the Device Manager and restart the computer. See if the CD/DVD drive is re-installed and usable once more. If it is still not detected, replace it

Tried this method already and lots of other. I'll try getting a new DVD-Rom. I'll let you know how it works.

I got a new one. It didn't fixed the problem. But guess what. I replaced the IDE cable. And it worked. That's strange how did the other one has failed. Anyway it's fixed now thanks! :)

That's great! Where did you find an IDE CD/DVD drive? I thought they disappeared a long time ago :)

I have a very old PC. And there's a IDE CD/DVD drive in it. But it haven't been used a lot. Only a couple of times. :)

Back