DVD-ROM unknown drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambcohen

I was at a clients house trying to install an LG GSA-H55N and xp said that it had unknown drivers. So I called LG and Tech said that it was a xp error and to look for 31 or 39 code. However there was not error code. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how to do this. I do know there is firmware out there but wondering why it is not plug and play.

Thank
Adam

Sorry about that I should explain

These registry fixes, will remove the faulty registry entry which is stopping Windows from detecting the CD/DVD Drive normally

It works most times

Download, and double click on the reg to merge it (yours is just the Xp one of course!)

DvD LG

So you think it might be a registry issue with xp. OK I can see that, but then to me and this is one mans opinion, LG should do something about that. Which leads me to my next question if this does not work should I return the LG and go in a different direction?

Adam

Return
But it may just not work on your system (you could try it in another)
ie Are you just going for a replacement (like for like)

DvD LG

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I am up in Maine will my men are working in Va. Also, I forgot to bring a EVDO card and I am stealing wifi and I only good speeds in early AM.
Also, I think my newest guy had the drive as primary and not as a slave. We will see, but I appreciate the advice and will let you know the end result.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back