DVD WRITER - DMA-driver error, CRC error when burning CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, recently, i just purchased a DVD writer. I have a problem when burning a cd with the DVD writer. I will get a DMA-driver error, CRC error. I am using a 40-conductor cable, and set it as master (secondary cable).

Could it be the 40-conductor cable that is causing this problem? Do i need an 80-conductor cable?

Thanks in advance.

If it always reports a driver error you need to eliminate this first.
Check the device manager and make sure it is not showing the drive as non-functional (Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager). If it shows a yellow ? the click to reinstall the drivers for it. Windows provides the drivers for optical drives.
An 80 core cable might be the problem but this depends on the drive. Can you borrow one to test it with?
Final option is that the drive is faulty.

AlbertLionheart said:
If it always reports a driver error you need to eliminate this first.
Check the device manager and make sure it is not showing the drive as non-functional (Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager). If it shows a yellow ? the click to reinstall the drivers for it. Windows provides the drivers for optical drives.
An 80 core cable might be the problem but this depends on the drive. Can you borrow one to test it with?
Final option is that the drive is faulty.

Hi, thanks for a reply. It is not shown in yellow. And the DVD ROM is brand new.

AlbertLionheart said:
You mention DVD-ROM - is this a slave on the same cable?

my bad. i only have one optical drive. and that is the 18x Super Multi DVD Rewriter (GSA-H42L) . Its attached to the secondary IDE cable and set to Master.

I think the drive is bad and would either test it on another machine or take it back for a replacement if you don't have one to test it. I have not heard of a 80 core cable making any difference but if cable length permits you could always connect it as a slave to the primary cable to see what happens. Don't leave it there as it will slow down the access to the HDD.

I agree. The DVD drive is likely bad. You might check the website, if you can find one, for a firmware update. The failure rate on optical drives is so very high. You have all the problems that can come from impact in shipment, then you have three lasers that can get out of alignment, and a belt that can harden and slip. They are made by machine, and those chips and diodes are not really tested, so it gets a quick test by another machine, into a wrapper, and out the door to get banged around from China to your house.
When they leave the factory, they cost $7.00 in volume... so imagine how cheaply they have to be made to sell at that low price.

Most every seller will replace it without argument, so just get a nuther one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back