DVDs won't play, no program assigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfblitz

I tried to play a dvd on my pc and it would not start autostart so I went into the my computer section to try and start it manually but when I tried I got this message....see attatched image.
Please help as I have no idea what this means

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for your reply

I use vlc media player which still plays downloaded video as does media player just not dvd's

Okay, that program should play your DVDs. If you haven't already, try doing as the message says, that is, go to to Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types tab, highlight DVD video and associate it with VLC media player.

go into the add remove programs and click in the right hand lower corner and pick set program access and defaults and then go the the default media player field and make your adjustment there also.

Thanks for both your replys
I got no joy with folder options mailpup I couldnt find any reference to DVD Video in there but thanks anyway I went via add remove programs and got it to work that way thanks brucethetech.......... but it wont autoplay I still have to go to my computer and start the dvd that way any ideas
Thanks again

In My Computer if you right click on the DVD drive with the DVD in there, do you get Open With as one of you menu choices? If so, find or browse for the VLC player.

You can also find many automated tools that fix autoplay. But one warning
> Is OK to set autoplay to CD/DVD but advise you don't autoplay removable storage drives as that's how many viruses "leap" from machine to machine

What's your operating system? just google something like fix autoplay vista should let you find a tool for your OS (of course, change Vista to whatever is appropriate for your case)

Thanks for the help and advice thats sorted and fixed.....I got the autorun fix(xp) from the microsoft update site and there was also a download to restrict autoplay to dvd/cd only

Many thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back