Dxdiag problem

Kothas

Hello,
I got big problem. I need to find "More help" tab in "dxdiag" window. It should look like this
Cc938991.pref04(en-us,TechNet.10).gif

But I got Windows 7 and it look's like this:

Untitled_7.png

Where to find this tab? I really need to find it
Edit: I need to edit DirectDraw refresh rate

Since you are running Windows 7, you will not get the same Window, the first picture is a picture of Windows XP's dxdiag which is version 9 or lower.

Go into dxdiag, press the Help button in the bottom left, scroll down a little bit, there is a subtitle, called What to look for, Step 1 gets you to click a hyperlink that brings you to your Display settings for resolution. Follow the steps in that Help menu. Make sure that the acceleration is set to Full, which should enable your DirectDraw feature. If it is marked as "Not Available" under your Display tab for dxdiag, then your card may not support the feature.

If I can't push button in this step:
Click the Troubleshoot tab, and then click Change settings
What to do? The biggest problem that I need to change my refresh rate, because on some games I get error message "No signal" or "Out of Range".

Kothas, do you have MSN/Yahoo/AIM that we can instant message? Will be quicker and I can try and step you through the process rather then post back and forth here.

I got skype. If you have it too write your nick to PM
Edit: In case I can get ICQ, AIM or else to get help from you

If I can't push button in this step:
Click the Troubleshoot tab, and then click Change settings
What to do? The biggest problem that I need to change my refresh rate, because on some games I get error message "No signal" or "Out of Range".

If you have an nVidia GPU if I am not wrong, you can change the refresh rate using a software called nVidia Control Panel , It comes with the driver installation if I am not wrong.
Try googling it.

Ok, well I won't be on skype for a bit cause I have stuff to do this weekend so I'll explain how to change the refresh rate.

Right click on the desktop, go to Personalize, bottom left corner select Display, Top left, select Change display settings, middle of the screen on the right side click Advanced settings, select the Monitor tab, and in that window it gives you options for screen refresh rates.

In this window you also see the Troubleshooting tab that the "help" window was explaining, if you select it, and go to Change Settings you will see the acceleration options.

Ok, when I change to 60 after applying it still is 59. And second, in that Troubleshoting tab button Change Settings is not pushable.
My display is NEC E221W and GPU ATI 4850

NEC E221W and DVI
I heard that Nvidia control panel have refresh changing option. Does ATi have it too?

Your options are, as it seems: New monitor, or a VGA cable? VGA is capable of 75Hz, but I'm not sure if using a different cable will make a difference, I'm not hugely knowlagable about refresh rates/monitors/cables.

Did you heard about ATI Tray Tools , RefreshLock?
It seems, that they Lock refresh rate. But when I google, it shows that all programs are virus ;/
Edit: I found and Powerstrip

Back