E5-2670 3.3GHz turbo. Can it be forced?

In his great article Building a 32-Thread Xeon Monster PC for Less Than the Price of a Flagship Core i7, Steve Walton showed us how to beat the best of the best in desktop builds. I wish there was an obvious way to converse with Steve and ask him this directly but it seems he's untouchable.
https://www.techspot.com/review/1155-affordable-dual-xeon-pc/

If anyone out there has any idea how I can force this CPU into "Turbo" mode, please stand up!

I have ordered all the needed hardware to build this monster and am waiting with drool dripping down my chin on its arrival.

Anyone know how to force Turbo Mode?

So both processors run up to 3.3 GHz but based solely on this convoluted algorithm Intel hard coded into the chips based on power and loading. I was just wondering if any sage out there had figured out a way to make it stay in MAX turbo mode. Example, I crunch mega numbers. When crunching, the clock ticks back and forth from 1995 MHz to 3200 MHz and several steps in between. I wish it didn't. I wish I could latch it up at the 3.2 GHz rate and make it stay there. Poop on power savings! I need clock speed!

Back