Ebay security system difficulties

bazz2004

I’m annoyed with ebay and its two factor authorization system.

I can’t log in to my account because the security code that ebay is supposed to be sending doesn’t reach the Messenger app on my phone. Numerous attempts have all failed. Now you’d expect to be able to take this up with ebay by phone of email but there is no available way of making contact unless you are logged in and you cannot log in without completing 2 factor authorization. Even their support forum requires that you be logged into your account. I found a chat option but it’s not a real person able to move things forward. They are even more annoying than those “Please hold. Your call is very important to us” messages familiar to everybody.

How such a large organization as ebay with presumably a wealth of talent can have devised such a circular and incomplete system baffles belief. Does anybody have some ideas on how to proceed? A working email address for ebay customer services would be welcome – if there is such a thing available without logging in.

There seems to be nothing wrong with the android phone or my computers. Should I open a new account with a fresh email address and if I did so what would happen to my present account?

Is there anybody out there? Please Help.

Hi,
It sounds like you are having trouble accessing your eBay account due to issues with the two-factor authentication system. One possible solution would be to try contacting eBay customer support through their website or mobile app, if you are able to do so. They may be able to assist you in resolving the issue or providing an alternate means of accessing your account.

Another option would be to try contacting eBay through their social media channels, such as Twitter or Facebook, as they may be able to assist you or provide additional contact information for customer support.

Alternatively you can try reaching them through their customer support number if you are able to find it.

If you are still unable to access your account, you may need to consider creating a new account with a different email address. However, please note that if you create a new account, your previous account and its associated data may be lost.

You can also check on the ebay's help and contact page for more information.

Oh no! That's not helpful. You've given a rehash of what's on ebay Help pages. If that was do-able I'd have sorted it. This is a Catch 22 situation. Your restating of the problem just posted makes me think you may be in a tech support role. It's what I received in the past from techs who didn't know the answer and were giving me the runaround. I'm asking myself if you may be connected to ebay. I have no interest in social media accounts so that's a dead end. Apologies for being a tad abrupt. At least you didn't quote me back my entire post.

After leaving things for a week I had to order something on ebay. This time all went like clockwork.

Thanks for the post. I did try the email support option you listed just out of interest. As before the system eventually requires 2 factor authorisation where a code is sent to your mobile phone which you then enter to prove it's you. Unfortunately, if the problem is that you are not receiving such messages from ebay on your mobile you are still locked out of their system. The issue went away after a week without me banging my head against their brick wall.

Back