Electricity flows via electrons, internet via which smallest particle, I mean the carrier of data?

I have read that internet is made of computers connected throughout the world via servers as directing points or host servers etc and it travels in binary for of 0 and 1, but I wonder which physical particle actually transfer actual data. And if there is no particular particle only electromagnetic pulses then why does speed vary? and how is speed changing with each new spectrum or generation I must ask? Where does this speed also generate and who is pushing is fast and faster? If it comes from satellites then why cabling is done? All confused....If anyone can explain?

Actually all electricity, household, battery powered devices and the raw internet all propagate (ie move) at the speed of light.
It is only when there are changes that speed starts to vary. For the internet, we need the ISP to make our personal connections and they sell services for money so it's not unexpected that we see a 2Mbs connection selling for one price and a 10Mbs for another. Here's some fun - - the info is STILL traveling at the speed of light :) The ISP connection is not at the electron level, but rather is using the Tcp/Ip protocol (rules and techniques for packaging those 0/1 so as to become intelligent information ). So the necessity of the protocol consumes some finite time. Then the ISP also uses another protocol (QoS) to enforce the connection rate we purchased.

So while the electrons travel at the speed of light, the ISP throttles our connection speed.

Actually all electricity, household, battery powered devices and the raw internet all propagate (ie move) at the speed of light.
It is only when there are changes that speed starts to vary. For the internet, we need the ISP to make our personal connections and they sell services for money so it's not unexpected that we see a 2Mbs connection selling for one price and a 10Mbs for another. Here's some fun - - the info is STILL traveling at the speed of light :) The ISP connection is not at the electron level, but rather is using the Tcp/Ip protocol (rules and techniques for packaging those 0/1 so as to become intelligent information ). So the necessity of the protocol consumes some finite time. Then the ISP also uses another protocol (QoS) to enforce the connection rate we purchased.

So while the electrons travel at the speed of light, the ISP throttles our connection speed.
Thanks for the reply...but did not get answer to my question through which physical particle does internet travels? And how is speed changing in current times irrespective of broadband or mobile internet now or wi fi or whatever.....

Even light takes about 8 mins to reach to earth and that too had been established that it travels through particles and that is why speed of light varies depending on medium in which it is travelling, then why each and every query of ours reflects back in seconds through internet....and speed also varies 2g, 3g, 4g and now 5g....how does it happen irrespective of medium or physical particle carrying it??????

Thanks for the reply...but did not get answer to my question through which physical particle does internet travels?
For decades, the accepted idea was electron flow from the cathode(-) to the anode(+). However, as semiconductors were developed, another thought arose that another particle, the 'hole', traveled from the anode(+) to the cathode(-). These are mirror images so in fact it just doesn't matter.

And how is speed changing in current times irrespective of broadband or mobile internet now or wi fi or whatever.....
it does not change, as current flow is not related internet bandwidth as previously shown.

The "intelligence", 0,1 stuff is not in the current flow. That was true with the telegraph opening and closing a magnet. With binary code today, the 0/1 come from the voltage across the transistor circuit, acting just like a light switch being off vs on. The current makes the transistors work and under controls, they are seen/sensed as being on vs off.

2g, 3g, 4g and now 5g
these too are protocols and the improvements are designed to pack more 'information' in a packet so that fewer packets are required to complete the 'message'.

Nice that you're interested in this - - Theory of Information. It's the foundation for 'encoding' data into some form of media. Thomas Edison did some basic work in this field - -the phonograph, telephone - - all analog media. Later we got into digital information, like Hollerith and off we went into data representations that gave us the Internet - - starting with HTTP, initiated by Tim Berners-Lee.

Back