Elon Musk posts memes about collapsed Twitter deal as company prepares legal action

midian182

Staff member
In context: Now that Elon Musk has walked away from the Twitter deal, the platform is assembling a legal team hoping to force the Tesla boss into completing the $44 billion acquisition. The self-described edgelord responded to the threat not with words but with Chuck Norris memes.

Musk's takeover of Twitter looked in doubt from the moment he announced it was on hold in May as his team looked to confirm reports that the number of fake accounts on the site represented less than 5% of its userbase.

Musk later warned that Twitter's alleged refusal to hand over exact numbers relating to spam/fake accounts constituted a material breach of the deal, leaving him free to walk away without paying the $1 billion termination fee. That scenario looked closer than ever on Friday, and Musk finally dropped his bid over the weekend.

The world's richest man hasn't tweeted about the deal falling apart, but he has posted a couple of memes. The first shows him laughing at the events that have taken place throughout the attempted acquisition: Twitter refusing to sell, not disclosing the bot information, and the upcoming legal case. Another meme simply showed internet favorite Chuck Norris playing chess, complete with the phrase "Chuckmate," which was doubtlessly another reference to the Twitter saga.

Bloomberg reports that Twitter is now preparing to file suit against Musk to try and close the deal in what will be a battle between two heavyweight law firms. Twitter's share price, meanwhile, is feeling the effects of a turbulent few months. It fell as low as $34.17 in pre-market trading, which could wipe around $2 billion off the company's market value. That's a long way off the $54.20-per-share offer Musk made in April.

Permalink to story.

Here's the full image since the embed is completely cutting off the most important part of the meme:
4nTwhFvf

Last edited:
Anyone else getting annoyed by the immaturity and unprofessionalism that is this man? I think in this sense he's right to question twitter's issue with bots and possible causes of fake news and fake viral tweets to influence news but stuff like this just looks so bad, you're supposed to be a business man, not a child with a checkbook of billions.

Anyone else getting annoyed by the immaturity and unprofessionalism that is this man? I think in this sense he's right to question twitter's issue with bots and possible causes of fake news and fake viral tweets to influence news but stuff like this just looks so bad, you're supposed to be a business man, not a child with a checkbook of billions.
Buying a business that is lying to you is bad business.

Twitter V Musk, I was wondering the next distraction we were going to get after the John Depp amber heard trial.

But I think musk might be right on this one. He could hire a team of people to review every tweet and the comments on it and not see a drop in the bucket taken out of his bank account. Frankly, with 44 billion involved it would be silly NOT to pay a few million for a second opinion

Of course all of this will be governed by the SEC and it is possible that he will be required to complete the purchase or pay that $1B escape fee. Doubtful that he will be allowed to just walk away free of penalty or fees. Still, he has a very valid case if Twitter did in deed fail to meet THEIR obligations on the deal. Considering some of his other antics with the stock exchange it is very well possible they decide to nail him to the wall so either way you go, it's going to be great theatre!

If anyone looks bad it's twitter.

If anyone looks bad it's twitter.
yes and that was mentioned in my comment that he was right to question Twitter's credabilty etc but it's how he's acted is the issue. He's a CEO of a multi billion dollar company, act like it, not a teenager on twitter or facebook posting memes.

Buying a business that is lying to you is bad business.

Twitter V Musk, I was wondering the next distraction we were going to get after the John Depp amber heard trial.

But I think musk might be right on this one. He could hire a team of people to review every tweet and the comments on it and not see a drop in the bucket taken out of his bank account. Frankly, with 44 billion involved it would be silly NOT to pay a few million for a second opinion
You've missed my point entirely.

You've missed my point entirely.
no, you're missing mine. People like to project their thoughts and opinions onto other people and then make themselves believe it. You have convinced yourself that Musk is an immature business man, he is not. He's actually a very good business man and his finances agree with that statement. He did not become one of the richest people in the world by being an immature businessman but he is an immature narcissistic *******.

What if I told y'all that IMHO, this was a "false flag operation, to begin with./
1: He sucked in all the righties in with fantasies of Trump being back on Twitter. "You go Elon" was the battle cry.
2: Then he, "made Twitter stockholders an offer they couldn't refuse".
3: Then, he had everyone believing that this purchase was coming out of his pocket. It wasn't, he was trying to borrow it.
4: Then, he raised hell about "bot accounts", which he more than likely knew about beforehand.
5: Then he decided, "spontaneously", to back out of the deal, which caused Twitter's stock to tank.
6: The reasoning there, (At least to his groupies), was that Twitter was worthless and fatally flawed.
7: So, he comes out looking like a "victim", while in the Machiavellian sense, he actually ruined the company in a premeditated manner, just for sport.

And BTW, he can still turn around to his new right wing buddies and say, "oh well, you can't say I didn't try".

Last edited:
What if I told y'all that IMHO, this was a "false flag operation, to begin with./
1: He sucked in all the righties in with fantasies of Trump being back on Twitter. "You go Elon" was the battle cry.
2: Then he, "made Twitter stockholders an offer they couldn't refuse".
3: Then, he had everyone believing that this purchase was coming out of his pocket. It wasn't, he was trying to borrow it.
4: Then, he raised hell about "bot accounts", which he more than likely knew about beforehand.
5: Then he decided, "spontaneously", to back out of the deal, which caused Twitter's stock to tank.
6: The reasoning there, (At least to his groupies), was that Twitter was worthless and fatally flawed.
7: So, he comes out looking like a "victim", while in the Machiavellian sense, he actually ruined the company in a premeditated manner, just for sport.

And BTW, he can still turn around to his new right wing buddies and say, "oh well, you can't say I didn't try".
Correct! Undoubtedly!

Musk is ever the showman. Musk said he would launch in 2022 for Mars. No word of that yet. 🤔 Unless you count his latest spectacular failure. https://gizmodo.com/starship-booster-explodes-unexpectedly-during-test-1849166744 and the JA Musk has the "right-mind" to say that it was all part of a booster engine test. Yeah, Right.! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

As far as twitter goes, the only ones fooled were those who had the faith that Musk would actually do something he said he was going to do.

I don't see how Musk loses unless there's a lot we've haven't been told.
no, you're missing mine. People like to project their thoughts and opinions onto other people and then make themselves believe it. You have convinced yourself that Musk is an immature business man, he is not. He's actually a very good business man and his finances agree with that statement. He did not become one of the richest people in the world by being an immature businessman but he is an immature narcissistic *******.
Musk has taken greater risks than many where he got lucky. He can't remain this lucky for much longer.

Correct! Undoubtedly!

Musk is ever the showman. Musk said he would launch in 2022 for Mars. No word of that yet. 🤔 Unless you count his latest spectacular failure. and the JA Musk has the "right-mind" to say that it was all part of a booster engine test. Yeah, Right.! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yeah well, the network news called it for what it was, a booster exploding on the pad.

On other news, I can't help but think that Musk's "Starship" is at least partly modeled after this:
cody-rocket-main.jpg

:Commando Cody's spaceship from the 50's series.

Back