Elon Musk tweets about dying under mysterious circumstances following Russian space chief's...

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! Once again, Elon Musk is having a war of words with Russia, but this time the world's richest man was the subject of a veiled threat from the country's space chief. Musk's response? A tweet that read: "If I die under mysterious circumstances, it's been nice knowin ya."

The incident revolves around Musk sending Ukraine shipments of SpaceX Starlink terminals that allow its citizens to continue accessing the internet in cities under siege. Deputy Prime Minister Mykhailo Fedorov says there are now around 150,000 active Starlink users per day in Ukraine.

Musk's generous act was condemned by Dmitry Rogozin, the head of space agency Roscosmos, in the Russian's Telegram channel over the weekend. "Elon Musk is involved in supplying the fascist forces in Ukraine with military communication equipment," he wrote, describing the Ukrainian military as "Nazis."

"And for this, Elon, you will be held accountable like an adult—no matter how much [you] play the fool." The post also included a short clip of Musk and his mother arriving at the Met Gala in New York last week.

Musk tweeted a reply to Rogozin's message, writing that "The word 'Nazi' doesn't mean what he seems to think it does."

In reference to the threat of consequences, Musk also wrote, "If I die under mysterious circumstances, it's been nice knowin ya." It was obviously a tongue-in-cheek comment, but his mother, Maye Musk, did not appreciate her son's lack of concern. "That's not funny," she replied, though Musk assured her he would do his best to stay alive.

In response to Musk's tweet, Rogozin later wrote: "A billionaire from South Africa, whose family made their capital during the apartheid years, wants to explain to me, the son of a front-line soldier, a citizen of a country that lost 27 million only killed during the war against the Nazis, the meaning of the word NAZISM."

Russia has a long been suspected of assassinating (or attempting to) those it considers enemies and opponents—usually via poisoning—the most recent being opposition leader Alexey Navalny. One famous case was the 2006 poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko in the UK. The former FSB security service officer turned critic died after polonium-210, a radioactive isotope, was put in his tea. There was also the 2018 poisoning of Sergei Skripal in Salisbury, UK, which was believed to have been carried out using the Novichok nerve agent developed by Russia. Novichok was also used against Navalny.

Rogozin and Musk have clashed in the past. Russia's space chief previously warned that the ISS could crash into the earth due to sanctions placed on his country, but Musk said SpaceX could prevent such a disaster. Rogozin also had plenty to say when Musk offered to engage President Putin in unarmed combat to decide the future of Ukraine.

Permalink to story.

I wish someone would bomb the world so I can stop hearing about that egomaniac for one friggin second.
Just turn off your computer and go touch grass dude. The internet isnt real.
Hopefully, Elon will become an adult now. He is playing with fire.
Hopefully putin doesnt pull off another nuclear incident like that one he did in england a decade ago.

There are always other sites you can go to.

No, there are not

Are you unaware of what is going on around you?

Other sites either force users to agree with their spyware operation or they have already banned me for having my own opinion instead of agreeing with theirs

No, there are not

Other sites either force users to agree with their spyware operation or they have already banned me for having my own opinion instead of agreeing with theirs
I like this site so far. I've been a Tomshardware regular for the past 15 years and I vowed to never register on this site after Steve's review of B560 boards but I've learned this site is a good all around site ... that and Steve's review of the 12700 made up for his previous review.

No, there are not

What you do and what you accept is your choice. If I find a site with known terms of service that amount to spyware, take for example, Facebook, Twitter, or even Google, I do not sign up for them, or I avoid, them as much as I possibly can.

All available sites provide a service to you and by signing up, you agree to their terms of service. You are not, necessarily, providing a service to the site. Perhaps the particular forums within a site in which you choose to express your opinions are not the appropriate forum(s) in which to express your opinions. Most sites, including this one, have a "general" forum in which off-topic posts are expected and not, generally, censored, although, if you were to become belligerent, or were trying to incite violence, my bet is you would be censored.

And then there is this https://www.techspot.com/news/84187-us-9th-circuit-rules-first-amendment-does-not.html
And this - which reaffirms the above link https://techcrunch.com/2022/05/06/trump-twitter-ban-lawsuit/

Honestly, I can live without the "social contact" on the internet if I want to, and I am not so unaware as to think that any site is here to serve me on my terms. Its a choice I make.

That Rogozin? Far right neo-nazi, who openly detests Jews, calls someone else Nazi and fascist? Yeah, russians obviously have different definition of nazism and fascism than rest of the World. If in russian "nazi" means someone who doesn't like russians, that would explain why they want to "denazify" Ukraine so hard.

Last edited:
No, there are not

Surprisingly, these bans do not seem to have led to any sort of introspection on your part.

Surprisingly, these bans do not seem to have led to any sort of introspection on your part.
and why would they?

If Techspot never indicates why a ban was imposed, we will never know what it was that needed introspection

It would be great to know what rules were violated in a timely fashion so that a correction could be made, but I have yet to hear what the ban was for

I am not aware of any rules violation that required a ban in the first place and apparently never will

On second thought, maybe challenging Putin to a cage match wasn’t a good idea…
Oh yes, they're so strong, with their collapsing economy and their troops unable to even cross a bridge over several attempts.

They went bankrupt by attacking even Chechnya in the past. That's a country of 1.5 million. Ukraine has a population of 40m+. And now you're envisioning Putler taking over the West, too. Yeah, good luck with that.

The Russian army is garbage and has always been. Look up casualties for the past, say, WW2, Afghanistan, Russia vs West. Russia always follows the "throw people at it" approach, because they don't know anything better, but it barely worked, if at all. Now, the problem is, they're running out of both people and money. They can't even hold a couple of cities anymore. Kharkiv is taken back already. They're losing admirals and flagships round the clock. The losses are devastating.

There's no "fight" involved, only "struggle", and Russia has absolutely no chance of winning. If you think otherwise, you've lost touch with reality. Yet you keep on insisting that we should let Russia invade other countries. For peace.

How about you go live in Russia, and leave the rest of us the f*ck alone with your propaganda.

Back