Email notification check box irritation

Neatfeatguy

Can you guys please default the forums/comments to not default to having email notifications sent?

It's buggy at times.
Sometimes just "Watch this topic" is checked
Sometimes both "Watch this topic" and "receive email notifications" are checked.
Sometimes neither are checked.

Capture.PNG

When neither are checked and you click on "Watch this topic" it automatically checks "receive email notifications" as well - this is a stupid feature. I don't want my emails getting slammed by notifications because some one else made a comment on a topic I'm watching. If I forget to uncheck the email notification box I come to find my email box is filled with a crap ton of unwanted notification emails.

Then it's kind of a pain to go through and find all the topics you're watching in the "Watched Topics" to make sure you uncheck all those little boxes that are sending emails and then chose to remove email notifications.

Make the comments for news stories and forums default to only "Watch this topic" and never have "receive email notifications" checked. Let the user decide if they want to check that box.

Speak of the devil....making this post I see both boxes are checked by default.....seriously? That's just outright f'ing annoying.

Capture 2.PNG

Have you done this already?: Go to your account settings, then go to "Preferences" (in the left column) and uncheck the applicable email notifications boxes.

Have you done this already?: Go to your account settings, then go to "Preferences" (in the left column) and uncheck the applicable email notifications boxes.

receive email notifications were checked, but that doesn't account for the bugginess of the boxes being checked and unchecked randomly at times.

I'll remove the checks on those boxes and see if it helps.
thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, the checkboxes in the news comments will save your last setting upon submission. Or at least that's how it worked last time I checked :innocent:

Back