Email's Domain Not Recognized

Setfree

I reached out to Startmail support on this, so while waiting for their response I thought I would query Techspot members to see if anyone else had this happen. We were setting up a business and dealing with an online company that sets up your L.L.C. When we gave them our Startmail email, the form we were filling out would not accept it, and showed a red error. When we asked their tech support why, they said they do not recognize Startmail as a domain. I said "This has never happened before, I have been using this email for years and it is very secure." "Please check again." They did and said "We still do not recognize the domain." Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

I had not heard of Startmail, so on my Google search of them they only have 2 reviews and one is pretty bad. With such a low number of positive reviews, that does not bode well for them. Usually, I recommend my business customers register their own domain (Hover) and I use Google for email. I have also heard good things about Fastmail (I have not used them yet).

Last edited:
I had not heard of Startmail, so on my Google search of them they only have 2 reviews and one is pretty bad so. Such a low number of reviews does not bode well. Usually, I recommend my business customers register their own domain (Hover) and I use Google for email. I have also heard good things about Fastmail (I have not used them yet).
Thanks for the reply Kshipper. I have been using Startmail for years, great tech support, no ads, encryption, alias emails. This is the first time ever I had a company refuse it.

Back