Enable onboard display adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just installed diamond stealth radeon 7000 64mb video card and the game i want to play doesn't support it. So i want to get my onboard display adapter enable so i can send this new card back? i tried going to display adapter but it only shows the new card. how do i find the old adapter?

Let me ask, did you disable the onboard in the BIOS manually or did you just install the new card without doing anything with the onboard?

As long as you have the onboard graphics disabled in the BIOS, you won't find it in the Device Manager.

If you haven't already, I would start the PC, go into the BIOS to enable the onboard graphics, exit and save, and shut down the PC. Remove the separate card and then make sure the monitor is plugged into the onboard connector and then restart the PC.

It depends on whether you have a self built/custom built or a Dell, HP, Gateway, etc. When the PC first starts and shows a logo screen (way before Windows starts), you should see something that tells you to enter Setup press some key like Delete, F1, F2, F3 or some other key. Setup means going into the BIOS. Your manual should say.

That said, if you have to ask how to get into the BIOS, it's a safe bet you haven't done so already to disable or do anything to your onboard graphics. Just the same, you can enter the BIOS to confirm is it enabled. Keep in mind while in the BIOS you only use the keyboard, not the mouse. If you do make any changes and be careful about what changes you make, be sure to save them when exiting the BIOS. If in doubt about anything in the BIOS, you can exit without saving if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back