End program and Blue Screen Of Death problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnionJuice

Okay, I have to sets of problems. I have have an Windows XP

The first was this. Everytime I try to shutdown my PC, I get the End Program message for twice for both Norton and Java. I want that to go away.

And the second problem I have now (on the same computer) is just this morning on the same computer another problem suddenly arose with the Blue Screeen of Death. Everytime I restart my computer, right before it gets to the desktop, its goes to the BSoD. Ive tried the Last Known Configuration and that didnt work. The last thing I added to my computer was an LCD monitor (which I had for a year and it works fine on my other running XP). It works well in Safe Mode, so it might not be the monitor. I hooked it back up to the old CRT monitor, and its still does the same thing.

I dont know anything about Minidumps yet, but I do have a hijackthis log if y'all need to see it. Thanx!!!!

Attachments

• hijackthis2010.txt
    11.7 KB · Views: 1
Please post your minidump(s) (after zipping all available ones in one file) for analysis.

Okay, I found out where they were located. Here the two lastest ones. If you need to post any earliers ones let me know cause there was a whole lot of them.

Attachments

• Mini031910-09.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini031910-10.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 1
Both errors are 0xA and they are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address a highr IRQ Level than they should.

Since your PC is stable in Safe Mode that is a strong indicator of a driver issue. In your case MarvinBus.sys was cited as not being able to load. This is a Pinnacle Video capture device driver.

P.S. In the future if you only have one or two dumps just attach as is without zipping them unless the individual file is too big.

Thanks for responding.

I uninstalled the Pinnacle Video software and drivers, but I still get the blue screen.

And here are some of the other codes I get:

0x0000000A
0x0a00110C
0x00000002
0x00000000
0x804DBE7B

The only one of worth is the first one: 0xA which I already defined. Attach the minidump files since uninstalling Pinnacle.

0xA again; I suggest you run driver verifier to force windows go through all drivers which it load at start. The procedure for it is as follows.

Remember to ensure that you can boot your system in safe mode; before you do this.

1) Windows Key + R (or go to Start, then click on Run..)
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a strong possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose 'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash with the blue screen will hopefully say something like "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". When this occurs please post your new minidump.

Please note that Driver Verifier will continue to run on every boot up until you run (by going to Start, then to Run):

verifier /reset

I didnt get the "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". I got the same exact message and numbers.

Attachments

• Mini032010-03.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 2
Okay, its seems to be working okay now. The blue screen doesnt come up anymore after the logo.

I did a System Restore and disabled "MarvinBus.sys" in Device Manager (even tho Pinnacle is already unistalled).

Thanx, guys!!! I really appericiate y'all help. I'll keep y'all posted if it happens again.

That was good thing you did; because the error was caused by MarvinBus.sys.

Please let us know if we could of any more help. Regards

Bad news! Its doing it again.

Heres the latest minidump. I debugged it this time. Its said thats its probably caused by win32k.sys

Attachments

• Mini032010-06.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 1
win32k.sys is a Windows OS driver and these are usually too general to be of much help. Let's approach this from a different angle by trying two things:

1. If you have any old Java versions still installed uninstall all of them except the most recent.

2. Update Norton.

I think Im screwed.

It won't let me uninstall the other Java version because Im in Safe Mode (a message came up saying this)

And Im pretty sure I have the latest update for Norton, but I can't make sure cause Safe Mode with Networking won't work (I get the Blue screen for that on)

Looks like I might just have to reinstall Windows XP

Well, the BSoDs got so bad that Safe Mode stopped working. So System Recovery was the only thing I had left. I didnt lose any personal files though so Im alright.

Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back