Epic drops massive Fortnite patch for PS4, Xbox One, PC and mobile

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Fortnite, Epic Games’ massively popular sandbox survival title, received a colossal update – v3.4 – this week across all platforms that adds a ton of new features and addresses multiple bugs (Epic even dropped a second patch shortly after to shore up a few new / lingering issues).

Perhaps the biggest addition introduced in v3.4 is a new weapon, the Guided Missile. Offered in two rarities (Epic and Legendary), the new weapon does 1,000 damage to the environment and can deal out up to 110 damage to players. Its projectiles travel at 1,300 units per second, Epic says, and the launcher itself has a health of 100.

The patch also brings back Sniper Shootout, albeit with a few changes. Epic has added the Hunting Rifle and Crossbow and removed the Revolver. The downed state has also been removed so once you’re down, you are immediately eliminated.

Version 3.4 additionally introduces some major performance optimizations. On the Xbox One and PS4, for example, Epic removed the 30 FPS mode in favor of the superior 60 FPS option. Epic also improved texture filtering sharpness on consoles and increased texture resolution on the Xbox One.

The full changelog for patch 3.4 can be found over on Epic’s website (be warned – it’s very long).

Permalink to story.

Pubg have incompetent devs. Its just that simple. Same engine but Epic knows how to use their own engine. Bluehole have no clue what they are doing and it shows in every 24mb update aka security update. It breaks something in the game. The last 2 small updates have had server n login issues and both have caused players to show up as #unknown. Youd think they would have learned the first time but nope a week later the same issue comes back. Incredible.

Pubg gets a lot of flack for their issues because of the money they have made n never bothered hiring talented coders, that is all on them. With great success comes even bigger problems and they just arent good enough to handle it all.

I think at this point some of Pubgs issues go beyond coding and simply put, they would have to rebuild the game to get it any better.

Pubg have incompetent devs. Its just that simple. Same engine but Epic knows how to use their own engine. Bluehole have no clue what they are doing and it shows in every 24mb update aka security update. It breaks something in the game. The last 2 small updates have had server n login issues and both have caused players to show up as #unknown. Youd think they would have learned the first time but nope a week later the same issue comes back. Incredible.

Pubg gets a lot of flack for their issues because of the money they have made n never bothered hiring talented coders, that is all on them. With great success comes even bigger problems and they just arent good enough to handle it all.

I think at this point some of Pubgs issues go beyond coding and simply put, they would have to rebuild the game to get it any better.

I agree and think they need to get bought out by a bigger company, I could see the old Dice/EA team making this game a HUGE cash cow on console

Last edited:

I agree and think they need to get bought out by a bigger company, I could see the old Dice/EA team making this game a HUGE cash cow on console

I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that about EA.

How would making this game a cash cow help? Unless you came from another planet you would know what happens when EA takes control of a company or a game.

The game is already a cash cow. Adding EA to the equation would just ruin everything.

EA wont buy a game that they haven't already broken themselves. Besides they already have their own BR in the works.

If anything Microsoft would be the main company to buy them since they have the money and the means to fix the game. Not to mention they already have a good relationship with Bluehole.

Back