Ericsson achieves 5 Gbps over next-gen 5G test network

Scorpus

Staff member
While most of the world is still adopting 4G LTE networks, Ericsson is busy testing next-generation cellular connectivity in their labs. Recently, the company successfully managed to send data at a whopping five gigabits per second over test 5G networks.

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/57290-ericsson-achieves-5-gbps-over-next-gen-5g-test-network.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Kezhen Gao

The average subscriber probably have no more than 2 GB in their monthly data cap. So if you were actually able to hit your max speed, you would max out your data plan in less than 4 seconds.
I think the focus needs to be bring down the cost of data transfer to the end consumer.

Reactions: cliffordcooley
Its 4G/5G - not GB #tool LOL

The average subscriber probably have no more than 2 GB in their monthly data cap. So if you were actually able to hit your max speed, you would max out your data plan in less than 4 seconds.
I think the focus needs to be bring down the cost of data transfer to the end consumer.

Holyscrap

5G(eneration) offers 5Gbps dl speeds which is 640MB/s which means 1920MB in 3 seconds therefore he is right
Its 4G/5G - not GB #tool LOL