Error 1311.source file not found: C:\MSOCache\ALL - I don't have the CD to reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole error code is Error 1311. Source file not found: C: \MSOCache\ALL Users\900000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9\YT561401CAB. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I had a error message earlier that said.... SKU011.CAB and I was advised to:
Regedit (start menu -> run -> type regedit)

Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> Office -> 11.0 -> Delivery

There should be only 1 directory under Delivery, which is your DownloadCode (mine was 90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9). Select that directory. On the right side of the screen, right-click on CDCache. Change the value to 0.

I'm not sure if that was good advice or not because it got rid of one error message but left another......

I have used this microsoft office 2003 program for years with no problem. I don't have a cd for it so I can't reboot it. I think I might of accidentally erased something that was important for it....that is the only thing I can think of but I did a system restore to an earlier time and it didn't help. I don't know what else to do.

Please please help....Word is very important to me..Thank you in advance!!

Oh by the way...VERY IMPORTANT!! I DOWNLOADED A SUPPOSED FIX FROM THIS WEBSITE. W W W. ERROR1311. COM (I just typed error 1311 into yahoo's search engine and it came up) IT IS FULL OF MALWARE!! BEWARE AND LET EVERYONE ELSE KNOW!!
They even have a supposed comments section where I was going to warn people but it never took me to any other page. It looks so legal with microsoft stuff but it isn't. Luckily my malware software caught it before I opened the file.....yippie!!

Okay.....so....again....any help would be very appreciated!!

when I first try to open word it says command cannot be performed because the dialog box is open. Says instillation error: a required file SKU011.CAB could not be found....ugh!!

I know I have a legal copy but I don't know where my disc is and I'm not sure if I got it off the internet....It was working just fine yesterday....please help!!

Do you have any (recent) restore point? Which you may have created before you had these errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back