Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 80042000, parameter3 00000000, p

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Toshiba Satellite M50 wouldn't startup. It gives the blue screen everytime,its like an endless loop. I recently used the recovery diskto reinstall windows even then this problem persists. The error message says the system has recovered from a serious error.. "Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 80042000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000". The dump files are attached. I really do need this system to work specially for my upcoming presentation. What to do? Please suggest a solution.

Attachments

• WER98f4.dir00.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 6
Sorry to be delayed in responding to your request. I have not been on the site much lately due to a higher than usual work load.

First, your dump cites Memory corruption. Please run MEMTEST, per the instructions in this thread... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html.

Please note, you will need to let it run a long time. If you have more than one memory stick, you may need to run it with only one installed at a time, in order to isolate the bad memory. You will need to let it run through at least 7 full cycles of the 8 tests. (Each pass runs 8 different tests, of increasing complexity.) If any errors are reported, you can stop. That stick is bad, and must be replaced.

Please let us know the results.

Second,
you are using SP2. You should update to SP3. There are significant security updates involved.

If you have additional minidumps, attach them to your next post. They may reveal more.

hth

yes, i'll try it out. The notebook isn't giving any startup problems for the last 3/4 days. The last dump file is attached, there has been no startup problem since. I'll be leaving for the presentation in a day or two and wouldn't like to do anything at present since it is working, once I am back I'll run the tests. I had installed SP3 earlier thinking that it would solve the issue but it didn't work so had to revert back to SP2 via the recovery disk. Thanks for the help, Once I am back I'll get in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back