Error in Trident video card accelerator

Hello,

First of all i am unable to understand what is trident video card accelerator 3d promedia but after searching net i think it is graphic card. whenever i open device manager i always see an error mark and when i see its properties it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" i check it driver than it is up-to-date. Is it possible that device is detachead from my computer? i am having this problem from quiet a long time and is not even removed after formatting my computer.

Please help

What are your computers specs? You can see mine in the upper right-hand corner of my posts as an example. What version of Windows are you running?

system properties

CPU: Intel[R] Celeron[TM] 1.20GHz

MEM: 256Mb

HDD: 80Gb

Sorry but i am unable to understand the other fields

Trident...a blast from the past!
Is your graphics card discrete (i.e. does it look like this-)?
If so, then the card is pushing 8-10 years old. A large percentage of graphics cards die well before this.
You can try to reseat the card if is is seperate add-in card. Remember to take some basic anti-static precautions.

If you can, try updating XP to Service Pack 3. You might be missing other critical Window Updates too. 256MB of memory is going to give you issues. XP SP 3 should have a minimum of 512MB memory now

Back