Error Signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildDog

Looking for help.

My computer recently started freezing up at random times, i.e., the screen still displays where I was last but the mouse and keyboard stop working. Ctrl-Alt-Delete does not work. I have to manually turn the computer off and then on again. If, I'm lucky, everything boots up again and I am able to work any program for anywhere from a few minute to several hours before it freezes again. Most of the time when I restart I get an Error Signature "The system has recovered from a serious error." Then it lists the following:
BCCode:100000ea
BCP1:844568E8
BCP2:84F08420
BCP3:1914CB4
BCP4:00000001
OSVer:5_1_2600
SP:2_0
Product:768_1
Then it refers to two files:
C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7f67.dir00\Mini082508-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7f67.dir00\sysdata.xml

What's going on and can I fix it? Thanks.
David

Your error is 0x0EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER and is defined by auhma.org as a device driver problem causing the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Try updating your video card driver.

Well, when I turned the computer on last night the monitor displayed blotchty colors all over the screen which I couldn't see through well enough to download a new driver, or do much of anything else for that matter. Guess I probably need a new video card.

Looks like it was my video card. The fan on the card was't working to it must have gotten to hot. I installed a new card and everything seems to be working now. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back