Error with Automatic Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowx775

I have recently had a issue with opening Automatic Updates. I have spent all day trying to fix it with no success so I was hoping making a post here might help....

The problem is every time I try to open anything that has to do with Automatic Updates, a window pops up saying "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application."

And anytime I try and do a Windows Update via windows.com I get a different error saying...

"[Error number: 0x8DDD0018]

The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running:

Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer)
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted)
Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed)
To make sure these services are running:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
3. In the list of services, double-click on Automatic Updates and then click Properties.
4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
5. Verify that the Service status is started, if the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
6. In the list of services, double-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) and then click Properties.
7. In the Startup type list, select Manual and click Apply.
8. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
9. In the list of services, double-click on Event Log and then click Properties.
10. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
11. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button."

If I could get some assistance on how to fix these errors I would be very grateful, because I can't update my computer without these.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back