Ethernet controller driver not configured

So Ive been working on a Dell Latitude D820 the past couple of days after cleaning up after a virus attack and now I am running into a problem of the computer is not connecting to my home network. When I went into the device manager I noticed that it was pointing out that my Ethernet Controller was not configured correctly (code 1).

I have tried finding the correct driver online using my other computer and transferring it to the dell. So far zero luck with any attempt after doing the install on any of them even after a nice system restart.

I do have the dell drivers disk but had no luck what so ever with any of the drivers off the disk working to resolve this problem.

I am running windows XP pro in case that helps at all.

From MS

This code means that the system has not had a chance to configure the device. To resolve the problem, follow the instructions in the Device Status box. In addition, you may be able to resolve this issue by removing the device in Device Manager, and then running the Add New Hardware wizard from Control Panel.

I would remove the device using device manager and the rebooting the laptop, windows should at bootup find the new device and install it correctly.

If the BIOS has an option for "Plug And Play OS" make sure its set to "YES"

Back