Ethernet Controller, Sony Vaio VGN-S150P

Status
Not open for further replies.

giyad

I formatted my Sony VGN-S150P and installed windows XP SP3. I don't have the recovery discs. What I had to do was download and install all drivers. Everything works fine, except for one thing, the ethernet port. My Wireless works fine, but the ethernet controller driver is no where to be found. Can someone help me out? Right now I have a useless ethernet port...

I talked to Sony tech support and they said the only way I can fix this is to buy the Recovery Discs...

get a copy of Belarc Advisor and install it;

it will create a detailed profile of the system.

from that HTML report, you will get the detail of the onboard chip
eg under communications
TOSHIBA Software Modem
1394 Net Adapter
Atheros AR5005GS Wireless Network Adapter
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC​

Now the driver for Realtek RTL8139/810x (in my case) can be located :)

Try this one: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=982&lang=eng
Please let us know if it worked

Edit:
Found a better page: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNS150P
And a direct link: ftp://download.sony.com/US/pc/INDWLL-01035420-US.EXE
Also
Intel® Chipsets Driver Installation Utility
ftp://download.sony.com/US/pc/IN-G07010802ES.EXE
All being part of "Edit found a better link"

Thanks but I'd already installed all the drivers from that sony support site, and the other ones didn't have them :(

get a copy of Belarc Advisor and install it;

it will create a detailed profile of the system.

from that HTML report, you will get the detail of the onboard chip
eg under communications
TOSHIBA Software Modem
1394 Net Adapter
Atheros AR5005GS Wireless Network Adapter
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC​

Now the driver for Realtek RTL8139/810x (in my case) can be located :)

Weird but the HTML report says nothing about ethernet... maybe cause the drivers aren't installed ?

Hi!
I think your laptop has some other model number than VGN-S150P, and to see that you can go on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools...and open System Information....on the right side you will see System model...if that is true, you should go on this site ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/ and find your model, download the driver...good luck

Hi!
I think your laptop has some other model number than VGN-S150P, and to see that you can go on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools...and open System Information....on the right side you will see System model...if that is true, you should go on this site ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/ and find your model, download the driver...good luck

Hey, thanks but it says that the model is VGN-S150P(UC), and I didn't see any drivers for hat model at the link you gave me :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back