Event Viewer

learninmypc

2 weeks ago tomorrow I was sitting on my deck with my HP laptop playing pac man, tetris & surfing the web when I decided to check for MS updates. UNfortunately I was not able to see the screen clearly enough so I cannot say what "might" of happened. I closed the lid assuming it would shut down, returned 15 minutes later, lifted lid although I don't remember EXACTLY what happened, I came to a screen asking for the layout of my keyboard, I chose US & it went to next page which is where I think it asked if I wanted to continue on to W 10 , troubleshoot ,reset & other options. I clicked continue to W10. Again, I was not able to CLEARLY see the screen so I stupidly closed lid for a few minutes & repeated. Once again it got to Continue to W10 & I clicked it. Again being to bright on deck I couldn't see what if anything was going on so I finally shut the lid, pulled power cord from AC outlet & put laptop away.
24 plus hours later, in my apt I pulled it out, plugged it in & booted it up at about 3;43pm. Clicked US for KB, continue to W10 & then I saw white lettering saying something about "This may take a few hours to complete. I consider a few hours to be 3 to 4 hours. 5 hours later just the circle of ..... dots going in a circle. At this point I was ready to shut it down, restart it & reset it but decided to wait till morning.
Finally at around 4:15 am I noticed the screen saver going. It has worked normally since. My question is will the event viewer show what happened ? I know how to get to event viewer but not even google has been able to tell me where to look in there. Ignorant on this one. Thanks In advance :)

I've come to the conclusion that even if I found the report in Event Viewer, I doubt I could understand it so since this laptop has been functioning normal since, I'll be happy & not pursue it farther. :) Thanks for reading :)

Back