Excessive slowdown opening up files, browsing internet, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm running Windows XP, and I have noticed a significant slow down browsing the internet. I takes forever to load pages, and some don't even open. I switched to Firefox for browsing and that has helped a little, but the system is still running slow.

Also been having trouble clicking on search results that direct me to other websites.

Microsoft Office has also been giving me a headache. Clicking on files (rather than opening files directly through Word or Excel) results in a very long boot time.

I have followed all the preliminary removal instructions. Logs are attached. Thanks!

Matt

The logs don't look too bad... Toolbar issues might be contributing to your slowdown... Does the Malwarebytes scan keep coming up with problems or is the scan clean now?

You recently upgraded XP to SP3 right? There is no need to run a 3rd party firewall with XP now. Remove Sygate and enable Windows firewall to see if your systems speed improves. By using a good antivirus program, and a good spyware and malware removal tool, there is no need to use another firewall. if you use a good router, this device can act as a good firewall in addition to Windows Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back