External enclosure

Hi,
I have a IB-351U-B-BL icy box. I've had it for years, but the power cable has broken all it's pins and so I can't use it.
I've got files on it I want to get off. What options do I have? Would I have to buy a new icy box?
I can't find anywhere you can buy a replacement power cable.
I am not very skilful as is probably evident, so I do appreciate any help that I might get.
Thanks

If you have a full desktop PC, you could always take the hard drive out of the Icy case and get the files that way. But if you're using a laptop, it'll be easier to just get a new external case - Sabrent makes a pretty decent one and it's typically cheaper than the Icy.

Hi,
I have a IB-351U-B-BL icy box. I've had it for years, but the power cable has broken all it's pins and so I can't use it.
I've got files on it I want to get off. What options do I have? Would I have to buy a new icy box?
I can't find anywhere you can buy a replacement power cable.
I am not very skilful as is probably evident, so I do appreciate any help that I might get.
Thanks
There are a few options you can try to retrieve the files from your broken IB-351U-B-BL icy box:

1. Connect the icy box to another computer using a USB cable. If the icy box is still functioning, you should be able to access the files on it as an external drive.
  2. If the icy box is not functioning, you may still be able to retrieve the files by connecting the drive to a computer using a USB-to-SATA cable. This cable allows you to connect the hard drive directly to a computer, bypassing the need for a functioning power supply.
  3. If both of the above options are not possible, you can try to recover your files by a third party service. They specialized in data recovery, they can help you to retrieve your files.
  4. As for the power cable, you may try to contact the manufacturer or look for a replacement cable on online marketplaces.
Anyway, it does not sound like you can repair the power cable for your IB-351U-B-BL icy box. You may need to purchase a new one. ;)

Back