External HDD folder can't be viewed - HD OS has been reinstalled

Dear Friends,

I have a WD External HDD and a 8gb jump drive. Recently both of them stopped showing me my data folders and it seemed like the external storage device were good as new. Although, on my computer it still shows the hdd data usage and I knew my files were in there. After a lotta R&D and trying various cmd commands, what worked for me was unhiding protected operating system files (not recommend by windows) in tool - folder options. Post this I could see a folder in my hard drive which had no file name at all. My data was moved inside this folder. Now it looks like the HDD software/OS has been reinstalled. I have two $RECYCLE.BIN folders along with other system folders. One pair in my HDD as soon as I open it and other pair inside this unlabeled folder (I have renamed it as 'hidden' in the attached file) where my previous data was stored in.
Where do I go from here .. Is there anyway to rectify this situation?

Attachments

• hdd.JPG
    hdd.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 6
I'm not clear on your problem... Sounds like your files are still there. I have no idea why they got moved.. but why can't you just cut/paste them to where you think they should be?

Back