Extracting files

Bel57

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice.

I have downloaded a large zipped file (5+GB) from Google Drive, it's our daughter's wedding photos but when I try to extract the file I get a message telling me the file is invalid. What am I doing wrong????? (I'm running Window 7)
TIA..
upload_2016-10-30_21-3-21.png

Ok. You need to login into the Administrator ID. The issue is your login can't write to the Admin's directory.

Once unpacked, the folder Documents\Bec can be moved (while still in the Admin login) to your document
directory.

Once relocated, we'll then need to change the permissions.

Thanks jobeard, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean, (not being a Tech head at all). I've done a search of my computer and the only things that come up are, Create administrator account or Change user Account controls.

Ok. Click on Computer, then the C: drive, then Users
Every FOLDER you see is the name of a LOGIN-ID on your computer.

>>BTW: WHICH VERSION of Windows are you using??

Thanks, so there are 2 files under User - Administrator and Public. So if I understand you correctly, I just have to click on Administrator, then download the zip file and then I should be able to extract the file? I'm running Windows 7.

Last edited:
Thanks but it didn't work, I just got them to send the folder in a different format and the files extracted without a problem.
Cheers,
Belinda

Back