Facebook expected to add hashtag functionality to posts

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Facebook will soon be intensifying their battle with Twitter as they are preparing to roll out hashtag support. The social network already allows members to tag people, places and pages but hashtags will open up a whole new world of...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/51954-facebook-expected-to-add-hashtag-functionality-to-posts.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

NTAPRO

Makes sense. People have been uselessly using it on facebook for a long while. I wonder if youtube is next in line :|

matrix86

........................FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, for the love of all that is good and great in this world, NO! I friggin hate those dadgum annoying hashtags! When looking at a post, I want to see:

"We went on a family vacation to disney and had a great time."

Not:

"We went on a #disneyfamilyvacation and had a #greattime. #awesomevacation"

Hashtags are so dang annoying!!! Write like an educated human being, or at least a somewhat educated human being :p

coppersloane

They'll never be Twitter. Twitter has serious lasting power. It's still familiar after all those years. Really stellar. Facebook has changed so many times, I'm sure I wouldn't recognize it if I went back after my current hiatus.