Facebook: Nothing works on the request page

Hi,

This is my first post so I hope this will make sense.When I first joined facebook I had no problems but recently all the links on the request page have stopped working such as 'confirm' and 'ignore' buttons. I've cleared the cookies and temp files and have removed the pop up blocker from IE7.I've run spybot and norton anti virus but they were clean.

I have up to date versions of JAVA and Adobe Flash.

At the moment I've got requests starting to pile up and I'm unable to do anything with them.Has anybody else had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Thanks Kimsland,I've reset IE7 and have still got the same problem.I've now tried using a different browser but this hasn't had any effect.

I've mailed Facebook CS so hopefully they'll be able to figure out what is happening,I'll post their response and whether it works when they come back to me.

Is that Norton Antivirus or Norton Internet Security that you have?
I am referring to a possible firewall issue, that is stopping certain popups or links to be displayed.

Also have you turned off all other resident protecting programs like Spybots (if it's on the system tray.

You could also try removing Norton fully from Add/Remove programs (I would)
And use AVG Free instead

I had the same problem, every request (whether it be friend, app, adding a friend, whatever) would fail. This was happening to me in Opera 9.5b. It just started happening because I use this as my main browser. Tried it in Firefox and it worked, so I think Facebook changed something up in their code recently.

You'd think that Symantec (Norton) would re-think their Antivirus software, and re-design it totally, too many problems with Norton I believe.
It's basically not compatable with Windows :)

Back