Facebook troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have trouble opening links in facebook. I log in, but can't open my home page or go to my friends or read my inbox messages. It's really frustrating. I thought my browser was the problem, but I have Internet Explorer 7 and according to Facebook Help my browser is eligible and I shouldn't have any problems. I keep refreshing the pages...:( no luck. I tested my connection and it's fine. The rest of my internet is working great...Any help?

Hey thanks for the help. I downloaded mozilla firefox and it opened fb. :) But if I click on links inside fb it still doesn’t open. To open my messages, I can’t just click on the message subject so that it opens, I need to copy the link and paste it and then follow the address from the location bar. And sometimes that doesn’t even work. I don’t know what’s wrong. It can’t be the website... I got in from my phone, but obviously then I’m limited. Any advice from the guru?

Gotta be some kind of software on your computer blocking certain things:

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Save this log then come back here and attach the log using the paperclip icon above your reply
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Ok, I downloaded HJTsetup.exe, here's the log you requested. How can this help me? Like you said, a lot of those processes and results are harmless. But anyway, I hope this could be useful to you. Thanks again for the help. I hope you've got good news...

The reason I requested the log is because that is not normal, and with this log I can see the programs/infections that are active on your machine.

You have a number of Trojan and other infection on your computer.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these (Make sure you disable AVG anti spyware real time protection before) Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back