Facebook won't load, but other sites work just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook won't load, but other sites are working fine. When I change the internet connection, like unplug or connect from an internet stick from another provider, it is fine. So it's the internet company, right? Can I fix it myself?

-Connect to the network that does not load properly.
-Open a command prompt (start, run, cmd, press enter)
-type "ping www.facebook.com" (without quotes) and press enter
-make a note of the IP address that it tries to ping, if any at all
-type "ipconfig /all" (again without quotes), note the IP address(es) of the DNS servers

Repeat the process when connected to the network that works.

Post the results here.

What kind of "Not load" do you mean. Does not not load at all? Like, says the page doesn't exist or it can't be found?

Does it partially load but never fully loads? (Could be a browser issue, although changing Network adapter types should be consitent)

Other thing that comes to mind is something is installed under the properties of that device that is stopping it from loading Facebook.

I tried this and I got 4 replies from 66.220.152.16

I can load any sites at all except FB.

You are not the original poster and should start your own Post so as to not confuse others who view this since it could be a separate problem from the orignal post.

However, this Post has been dead for awhile so I will try and help you anyways:
Have you tried facebook on another browser?
Another computer? (On the same network)
Disabling your firewall?

Please reply back with answers to these questions.

EDIT: Oh, is this at home? Or at a work place/office?

Do you have a firewall on this computer? If so, has it been disabled for a few minutes in attempt to connect to facebook?

Someone on one of our other forums was also unable to load Facebook. This worked for him:
Reset your browser proxies
For Firefox:
  • Open Firefox, click on "Tools" then "Options" and then on "Advanced".
  • Click on the "Network" tab, and then on the "Settings" button.
  • Please make sure that the "No Proxy" option is selected.
For Internet Explorer:
  • Open Internet Explorer.
  • Click on "Tools" and then select "Internet Options".
  • Click on the "Connections" tab and click the "LAN Settings" button at the bottom.
  • Uncheck "Use a Proxy server for your LAN".
  • Click OK to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window.
  • Click OK to close the Internet Options window.
======================================
If the above alone does not work, let me know and I'll give you another step.

Hi all, I signed up just to tell everyone why facebook won't load. I've seen this question floating around the web since '09. Everyone's been so puzzled, myself included. I've literally uninstalled and reinstalled every browser, java, flash, cleared caches every 5 minutes, reset proxies, flushed dns servers & countless other things. I've even called my cable company 4 times and had a tech come out. Nothing was wrong though! I have a brand new laptop for crying out loud; I was confused and most of all frustrated. Here it is folks: Log out of Facebook on your cell phone. If you're logged into Facebook from 2 different places, it won't let you log in from another place. Sometimes it will let you log in, and it may work for like 10 minutes but it will freeze up again and get all laggy. The most common thing it said for me was server took too long to respond, blah blah blah. I logged out from my phone & Voila! It works SUPER fast now. Your welcome in advance! :)(y):cool:

Hi all, I signed up just to tell everyone why facebook won't load. I've seen this question floating around the web since '09. Everyone's been so puzzled, myself included. I've literally uninstalled and reinstalled every browser, java, flash, cleared caches every 5 minutes, reset proxies, flushed dns servers & countless other things. I've even called my cable company 4 times and had a tech come out. Nothing was wrong though! I have a brand new laptop for crying out loud; I was confused and most of all frustrated. Here it is folks: Log out of Facebook on your cell phone. If you're logged into Facebook from 2 different places, it won't let you log in from another place. Sometimes it will let you log in, and it may work for like 10 minutes but it will freeze up again and get all laggy. The most common thing it said for me was server took too long to respond, blah blah blah. I logged out from my phone & Voila! It works SUPER fast now. Your welcome in advance! :)(y):cool:

Ok, disregard this post:( Stupid thing started freezing up again. Oh well, back to square one I guess.

I am having the exact same problem. White screen - won't work on any browser on my computer but works on other computers on the network. I use Chrome primarily. Has anyone figured this out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back