"Failed to connect to a windows service" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrys300

Hi I'm having an issue with my 2 month old Dell. I get this message in the right hand corner after it takes like 5 minutes to get to the desktop. Then I get a black screen for like 3 -4 minutes, then it shows the Message, "failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the sytstem. As an administrator user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond". I have restartes in "Safe Mode" and found the System Event Notification , clicked on 2 x and it shows that it is on "automatic". The first failure is on "restart the service" as well as the 2nd failure and third. The windows event log start up says Automatic as well. What i did notice was that on both the System Event & Windows Event Log, the status says, "Stopped". Should I "start the service"? If i boot up in Normal mode, i can't do anything, I can't shut down right or anything. Anyone with any advise? 9/18 o.k this is to update , I booted up in safe mode, I was told to "start the service anyway I could"
Well it won't "start the service while in safe mode" I get error message1084. Now what. I think i may take bcke tio Best Buy!! Any one with any other advise?

Frustrated

Frustrated

Since you haven't said what OS you have start the service any old way you can. Click it, smack it or jump-start it.

Get it going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back