Failed to install wireless dongle

Hello,

I recently purchased a wireless dongle for my CPU and I installed the cd program as inquired by the manufacturer but after it was done I inserted the dongle and the device manager did not install it correctly so now I have a yellow exclamation mark on
802.11 n WLAN USB\VID_148F&PID_5372\1.0 The drivers for this device are not installed.

I know the dongle works because I just installed in a different machine to make sure and it installed smoothly. Could this be due to a previous wireless dongle being installed to the machine?

Please someone help me...

Attachments

• DxDiag64.txt
    31 KB · Views: 3
I bought a X-media model NE-WN3201D and I inserted the CD that came with it. It does not say what Ralink it is, I installed it on a different machine that was 64bit and it worked fine.

Fixed the problem... downloaded the ralink "correct" driver, however it comes with no setup, so I copied them into the ralink folder in the program files and then updated the drive software through browsing for the ralink folder.

cheers.

Wooo Hoooo! (y) (y) :)

Good work figuring out your problem. Thanks for taking the time to let us know your solution :)

Back