Fallout 3 gets 50% price cut on Steam this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Steam has kicked off another one of its popular weekend sales today, with Bethesda's acclaimed post-apocalyptic title Fallout 3 getting a nice 50% discount. This means the game will be available for just $25 on Valve’s digital distribution platform. Unfortunately, that does not include any of the $10 downloadable expansions, so those looking for the absolute best deal might want to hold on until October when the game and its five DLC packs will be sold together in a $50 Game of the Year bundle.

Additionally the company announced an update to its Steam client and, for fans of the old Street Fighter franchise, it is offering a 10% discount on pre-orders of Street Fighter IV PC which hits next Tuesday.

Permalink to story.

This is a great deal for a great game. Highly recommended for those who don't have it.

Why pay $25? I can get a fully legal retail cd key for $15.29 from g2play.net. The only catch is you need to have the media or have a way of obtaining it, from let’s say a friend or other means if you catch my drift. Some other games such as L4D ( for $12.99) can even be activated thru Steam on your account.

http://www.g2play.net/store/Fallout-3-Retail-CD-Key.html

Buying from Valve should be consistently cheaper than retail, since you have to play it with steam running, and you have no hard copy of the game, the manual, or box.

I'd be happier to see consistently lower prices rather than half off specials once every few months--certainly not as low as this price however.

I agree with the Guest that buying form Valve should be cheaper becuse there are no Costs of cd, case and shipping. But with a lot of products such as COD 4 PC I can get much cheaper om the intenet and I have seen Unreal tornament 3 with the limited edition case ETC for £5 in PC world. I paid £8 for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back