'Far Cry 5' teaser trailer welcomes you to Hope County, Montana

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Ubisoft last week revealed that Far Cry 5 was one of a handful of new titles it intended to release in the upcoming fiscal year. Aside from sharing a basic logo and opening a section about the game in its forums, Ubisoft kept tight-lipped about the game… until now.

The publisher on Monday released a teaser trailer on YouTube introducing what appears to be where the game’s action will play out – Hope County, Montana. In typical teaser fashion, it’s difficult to gauge a whole lot from the trailer although ringing the church bell with a guy’s head is noteworthy.

Ubisoft promises that a proper announcement trailer is coming on May 26 so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for that.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

The publisher on Monday released a teaser trailer on YouTube introducing what appears to be where the game’s action will play out – Hope County, Montana. In typical teaser fashion, it’s difficult to gauge a whole lot from the trailer although ringing the church bell with a guy’s head is noteworthy.

Christian cultists running a cult do cult things and the main character has to stop them because religion is bad.

Christian cultists running a cult do cult things and the main character has to stop them because religion is bad.

I think you are reading too far into it.

What's weird is how new it looks, it doesn't look Old West based on this trailer, even the clothes they are wearing seem recent. I was hoping this was going to be more of an Old West reboot.

Is this going to be a Soviet invasion scenario like in the movie Red Dawn? IIRC, that also took place in some rural communities in the midwest or southwest.

Seems like they are really reaching out for ideas here... FC Primal, now this. Meh... I dunno. I think once you name a title and it is based on a certain genre I.e. military shooter, you should stick with that. Call it something else if you are going to mix it up. Just my opinion...

I think you are reading too far into it.

You may henceforth refer to me as Muhammad:

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/867413821345980417

DAmoI96XUAE6a2p.jpg

Back