File sbp2port.sys is corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettyboop911

Hi. Trying to do a clean install of XP Pro on an eee ASUS.

I have XP Home on it now. I decided to do a clean install because I think I got some sort of virus because Firefox and IE will not load. I can get mail thru Outlook though. Anyway, thought I'd just do a clean install and bought XP Pro because I've used it before.

I got the message above when I tried to boot from the XP Pro CD.

I ran sfc /scannow and I get the message the "files that are required for Windows to run properly must be copies to the DLL Cache. Insert your Windows XP Home CD Rom." But I don't have the CD ROM.

Now what???

Thanks.

if you are booting form the cd you should get windows setup. are you seeing the corrupt file error during setup?
if so how are you able to get to windows and run sfc? most of the time you need the cd that was used to install windows while running this command.

I still dont see how you can start a setup and start copying files, get to a corrupt file, and quit the installtion and still boot into windows. there is no roll back to undo the partial install. you'll need the disk that was used in your installation. also you have the option to proceed through setup without copying that file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back