File transferring from SD card to PC problem

Mark Fuller

I recently got and new android phone a TCL LX A 502 DL. I also subscribed to youtube premium and downloaded the entire playlist from my youtube account to my smart phone using the download directly to sd card option. I can open up youtube on my phone and click downloads and see the entire list and play them offline as advertised which is great, but when I go to downloads on the menu of the phone and click the sd card it has no files even though it says a good portion of the storage space is used. Also, when I put the card into my pc, an hp laptop with w10 enterprise it will see the sd card but it is the same as with the sd card on the phone it has no files to show althought it has the same amount of storage used. Also, I cannot sync the files to the pc either with bluetooth or usb, I have not tried wifi.

I read somewhere that it might only work with android os 9.0 mine is 8.1 could that be it and if it is can it be upgraded.

You got me into a section of the os that is like brain surgery. Although I was a tech for Dell for three and one half years and I've done that, I don't want to mess with it. I'll just try another device to sync it with or buy a different kind of sd card.

Usually, a new SD card comes formatted
Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
The default formatting for cards up to 2GB is FAT16. In recent years, memory cards have gained more storage capacity; 4GB and above. The file format FAT32 is now commonly used in memory cards between 4GB and 32GB.​

if at all possible, reformat the SD to FAT32 and download the content again. It should be at least readable by the PC.

Back